CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My foot hurts. Can I go to the nurse?

I don't get why I care so much what people think about me. It's not even all people, just specific people that I like. I think the people that I like are the people that would never be friends with me. And if there is any hint of a mutual like--platonic or otherwise--I promptly ruin it by jumping on and smothering it out of just sheer anxious excitement that I can deal with not having it every day. Did any of that make sense? But I need to stop thinking about everybody else, and stop worrying about this person maybe liking me, or wanting to hang out with that person. I mean, I've got plenty of friends in Chicago already and many events and opportunities to make more coming up. So I should just concentrate on other things. Like writer's block. Now, I know it makes me sound like a whiney melodramatic "writer" snob, but I guess it's a real thing. And I have it. My story has been stuck where it is since I packed up my typewriter in San Francisco.

I mean, why do I want to be friends with people that don't want to be friends with me anyway? Why am I so terrified of rejection? I'm pretty goddamn awesome and if other people don't see that, that's their loss, right? Yeah, that's it. Take that! I need to stop worrying so much about the internet too. The internet, my friends, is not at all real life. This post is silly. My legs hurt from biking a ridiculous distance last Saturday. I need to eat some protein.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just wanted to say that it's fun to find new people whom you can relate.
Hope your leg has healed by now. :p